BBC World News
- Armenia remembers 'genocide campaign' Ceremonies are held in Armenia and around the world to mark the centenary of the start of mass killings of Armenians by Ottoman Turks.
- Pakistani activist killed in Karachi A leading Pakistani activist is shot dead, and her mother left seriously injured, after leaving a seminar on torture in Karachi.
- IS posts 'health service' video Islamic State appears to have released a promotional video for its own health service featuring NHS-style branding and an Australian doctor.
- WW1 Gallipoli 'heroism' remembered The Prince of Wales pays tribute to the "heroism and humanity" of those who fought in Gallipoli, at a centenary ceremony in Turkey.
- Yemen ex-leader appeals for calm Yemen's former president calls on his Houthi rebel allies to withdraw from territory they have seized in return for a halt to Saudi air strikes.
- 'Twin' tumour found in woman's head California doctors have removed what they call an embryologic twin living deep inside the brain of a student who had health problems.