BBC World News
- US drops arms to Kurds battling IS US military aircraft drop weapons, ammunition and medical supplies to Kurdish fighters battling IS militants in the key Syrian town of Kobane.
- Two Japan ministers quit amid rows Two of five women in Japan's cabinet resign over funding scandals, in a blow to PM Shinzo Abe's plans to bring more women into top-level politics.
- Nigeria to be declared Ebola-free The World Health Organisation is expected to declare Nigeria officially free of Ebola on Monday, after six weeks with no new cases.
- HK protesters deny 'foreign link' Pro-democracy activists criticise comments by Hong Kong leader CY Leung, who says "external forces" are involved in protests in the territory.
- Australia lifts parliament veil ban Australia reverses a rule which would have restricted access to the parliament building in Canberra for women wearing full-face Islamic veils.
- Jokowi sworn in as Indonesia leader Joko Widodo, widely known as Jokowi, appeals for national work and unity as he is sworn in as the new president of Indonesia.