Tuesday, May 24, 2011
McMurray Mountain Biking
Get a bicycle.
You will not regret it
if you live.
Friday, September 11, 2009
One kind of riding that really pushes the envelope of what can be done with a bike and, I think, exemplifies the human/bike connection, is trials riding. Balance is what trials riding is all about. The skills used by these athletes are the same (though worlds beyond what we will use) as the ones that we will need in riding trails. An amazing example of trials riding is this short feature of Scottish trials phenom, Danny MacAskill. His latest video is here. All I have to say is, "Wow."
Friday, September 04, 2009
BBC World News
- India court reinstates gay sex ban India's Supreme Court overturns a 2009 ruling and upholds a law criminalising gay sex, in a move seen as a major blow to gay rights.
- US suspends non-lethal Syria aid The US suspends all non-lethal assistance for the opposition in northern Syria after Islamist rebels seize bases belonging to the Free Syrian Army.
- Crowds file past Mandela's body Family, officials and the public pay respects to Nelson Mandela, filing past his coffin in Pretoria, where his body is lying in state for three days.
- Ukraine police abandon stand-off Pro-EU protesters in the Ukrainian capital, Kiev, push back riot police from their protest bastions as the interior minister promises not to use force.
- Putin orders Arctic military boost Russian President Vladimir Putin tells his military leadership they should build up their forces in the Arctic as a priority.
- Uruguay votes to legalise marijuana Uruguay's parliament votes to legalise the cultivation, sale and consumption of marijuana - the first country to do so.