Tuesday, May 24, 2011
McMurray Mountain Biking
Get a bicycle.
You will not regret it
if you live.
Friday, September 11, 2009
One kind of riding that really pushes the envelope of what can be done with a bike and, I think, exemplifies the human/bike connection, is trials riding. Balance is what trials riding is all about. The skills used by these athletes are the same (though worlds beyond what we will use) as the ones that we will need in riding trails. An amazing example of trials riding is this short feature of Scottish trials phenom, Danny MacAskill. His latest video is here. All I have to say is, "Wow."
Friday, September 04, 2009
BBC World News
- Merkel in Ukraine as crisis mounts German Chancellor Angela Merkel is due to arrive in Ukraine, after calling Russia's decision to send an unauthorised aid convoy an "escalation".
- US anger at China 'air interception' A Chinese fighter came perilously close to a US military patrol plane over international waters east of China's Hainan Island, the Pentagon says.
- Galileo satellites on wrong orbit The European Space Agency says the latest two satellites for Europe's version of the US GPS sat-nav system have not gone into the correct orbit.
- MH370 search faces tough next phase The next part of the hunt for the missing Malaysia Airlines jet MH370 will be very challenging in places, sea-floor mapping data suggests.
- Ebola outbreak speed 'unprecedented' The World Health Organization says the speed and extent of the Ebola outbreak is "unprecedented", as it confirms more deaths from the disease.
- Israel vows response to boy's death Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu says army and intelligence operations will "intensify" after a four-year-old boy is killed by fire from Gaza.