Tuesday, May 24, 2011
McMurray Mountain Biking
Get a bicycle.
You will not regret it
if you live.
Friday, September 11, 2009
One kind of riding that really pushes the envelope of what can be done with a bike and, I think, exemplifies the human/bike connection, is trials riding. Balance is what trials riding is all about. The skills used by these athletes are the same (though worlds beyond what we will use) as the ones that we will need in riding trails. An amazing example of trials riding is this short feature of Scottish trials phenom, Danny MacAskill. His latest video is here. All I have to say is, "Wow."
Friday, September 04, 2009
BBC World News
- Ukraine begins 'anti-terror' action Tension is high in eastern Ukraine as the authorities in Kiev announce the start of an "anti-terrorist operation" against pro-Russian separatists.
- 'Mass abduction' at Nigeria school Armed men have abducted some 100 students from a girls' school in north-eastern Nigeria, officials say.
- Boston marks bombing anniversary Boston marks the anniversary of the deadly bombing at last year's marathon, honouring the dead and lauding the strength of the survivors.
- Pistorius trial sees Valentine card Oscar Pistorius' murder trial sees a Valentine's card which his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp was going to give the athlete before he shot her dead.
- Berlusconi to do community service Italian ex-PM Silvio Berlusconi must perform community service in a home for the elderly, following his conviction for tax fraud.
- Syria 'torture' photos shown to UN Members of the UN Security Council view graphic photographs of prisoners allegedly tortured by Syrian government forces.