Tuesday, May 24, 2011
McMurray Mountain Biking
Get a bicycle.
You will not regret it
if you live.
Friday, September 11, 2009
One kind of riding that really pushes the envelope of what can be done with a bike and, I think, exemplifies the human/bike connection, is trials riding. Balance is what trials riding is all about. The skills used by these athletes are the same (though worlds beyond what we will use) as the ones that we will need in riding trails. An amazing example of trials riding is this short feature of Scottish trials phenom, Danny MacAskill. His latest video is here. All I have to say is, "Wow."
Friday, September 04, 2009
BBC World News
- US senators urge arms for Ukraine Key American senators call for the US to send weapons to help Ukraine fight what they say is "a Russian invasion".
- Official heckled amid HK poll anger Hong Kong pro-democracy activists disrupt a speech by a Beijing official, a day after China ruled out a direct leadership election in 2017.
- Manhunt after New Zealand shooting Police in New Zealand are hunting for a man who shot two people dead and injured a third at an unemployment office.
- Xenon and argon banned for athletes Doping experts have yet to find an effective test to uncover athletes using the gases xenon and argon to boost performance, as a ban is introduced.
- India unveils new village toilets An Indian charity unveils 108 new lavatories in a village which gained notoriety when two young girls were found hanged from a tree there in May.
- Cuba introduces new customs limits Cuba restricts the amount of foreign goods that travellers can bring into the country, where locally-made items are scarce and expensive.