Tuesday, May 24, 2011
McMurray Mountain Biking
Get a bicycle.
You will not regret it
if you live.
Friday, September 11, 2009
One kind of riding that really pushes the envelope of what can be done with a bike and, I think, exemplifies the human/bike connection, is trials riding. Balance is what trials riding is all about. The skills used by these athletes are the same (though worlds beyond what we will use) as the ones that we will need in riding trails. An amazing example of trials riding is this short feature of Scottish trials phenom, Danny MacAskill. His latest video is here. All I have to say is, "Wow."
Friday, September 04, 2009
BBC World News
- Hamas denies holding Israeli soldier The military wing of the Islamist group insists it is not holding a missing Israel soldier and says he could have died in an Israeli air strike.
- Obama defends under-fire CIA director President Barack Obama has defended CIA Director John Brennan and acknowledged the US tortured prisoners after 9/11.
- Australians abandon Down's surrogate An online campaign for a baby with Down's Syndrome left with his surrogate Thai mother by an Australian couple has raised over $120,000 (£70,000).
- China factory blast kills dozens An explosion at a factory in eastern China has killed at least 65 people and left scores injured, according to Chinese state media.
- Massive landslide near Nepal capital A massive landslide on a river near the Nepalese capital Kathmandu buries dozens of homes, with four people so far confirmed dead.
- Judge urges Argentina default talks In the first hearing since Argentina defaulted on its debts, US judge Thomas Griesa calls for negotiations to be resumed urgently.