BBC World News
- Freed Khodorkovsky flies to Germany Russian ex-tycoon Mikhail Khodorkovsky arrives in Germany, hours after being pardoned by President Putin from a decade in jail.
- Uganda gays face life in prison Uganda's parliament passes a bill to toughen the punishment for homosexual acts to include life in jail and force people to report gay activities.
- NSA leaks: Spying targets revealed The US NSA and Britain's GCHQ monitored the communications of an EU commissioner, UN humanitarian organisations and the Israeli PM, reports say.
- Obama denies 2013 was his worst year In his annual end-of-year news conference, Barack Obama brushes aside a suggestion that this has been the worst year of his presidency.
- US blocks Iran presence at Geneva II Diplomats preparing for Syrian peace talks next month have failed to agree on whether Iran should attend, the UN-Arab League envoy on Syria says.
- Canada prostitution laws struck down Canada's Supreme Court unanimously strikes down the nation's anti-prostitution laws, giving the government one year to craft new legislation.