BBC World News
- Israel and Hamas agree new truce Israel and Hamas agree to an unconditional 72-hour humanitarian ceasefire to begin on Friday morning, after 24 days of fighting between the two sides.
- Multiple Taiwan gas blasts kill 22 A series of gas explosions in the southern Taiwanese city of Kaohsiung kills at least 22 people and injures more than 200 others.
- Sudan 'apostasy' woman arrives in US A Sudanese woman who fled to Italy after being spared a death sentence for renouncing Islam has arrived in the US.
- Memo reveals response to CIA 'abuse' A still-secret Senate report on CIA enhanced interrogations "tells a story of which no American is proud", a leaked White House memo states.
- US ex-governor's wife 'sought gifts' The star witness in the corruption trial of Virginia ex-governor Bob McDonnell says the ex-first lady sought gifts in return for business help.
- China manufacturing growth speeds up China's factory activity grows at its fastest pace in more than two year in July, the latest in a series of signs that the country's economy may be stabilising.