BBC World News
- Top Iraqi militant leader 'killed' Fugitive Iraqi militant leader Izzat Ibrahim al-Douri, a former right-hand man to Saddam Hussein, has been killed, Iraqi officials say.
- Police 'foil Melbourne terror plot' Australian police say they have broken up an Islamic State-inspired plot to attack a World War One centenary event, arresting five teenagers.
- Gun battles in Mexican border city Gun battles lasting several hours break out on the streets of Reynosa, a Mexican border city that has been plagued by drug cartel violence.
- Russian opposition parties to unite The political party founded by murdered Russian dissident Boris Nemtsov says it will form a loose anti-Putin alliance ahead of 2016 elections.
- Email claim over Kiev killings A group calling itself the Ukrainian Insurgent Army says it was behind the deaths of two anti-government figures in Kiev this week.
- Obama appeal to Gulf states on Libya President Obama says Gulf nations should use their "influence" to help resolve the instability in Libya, warning that military action is not enough.