BBC World News
- Anger over 'slow' Korea ferry rescue Families of passengers on a sunken South Korean ferry protest angrily over the rescue operation, scuffling with police on Jindo island.
- Russian outrage at Ukraine killing The Russian foreign ministry expresses outrage at a fatal shooting incident in eastern Ukraine which it blames on Ukrainian nationalists.
- Hostage reporters 'chained' in Syria Four French journalists who spent 10 months in captivity in Syria were chained to each other and kept in basements without light, one recounts.
- Pope celebrates Easter Sunday Mass Pope Francis celebrates Easter in front of thousands in St Peter's Square, praying for peace in Syria and Ukraine and "an end to all war".
- Algeria militants 'kill 11 soldiers' Islamist militants have killed 11 Algerian soldiers in an ambush on a patrol in mountains east of the capital Algiers, security sources say.
- Brazil cars torched in protest Residents of a poor community near Rio de Janeiro torch vehicles in protest at the deaths of two young men in incidents involving the police.