BBC World News
- SA apartheid assassin given parole South African apartheid-era death squad commander Eugene de Kock, nicknamed "Prime Evil", is granted parole after 20 years for killing activists.
- Deadly attacks hit Egypt's Sinai At least 26 people, mostly soldiers, are killed in a series of attacks by Islamist militants in Egypt's Sinai peninsula.
- Verdict due on Srebrenica appeals The former Yugoslavia war crimes tribunal is set to rule on the appeals of five men over their convictions over the 1995 Srebrenica massacre.
- Deadly blast at Pakistan Shia mosque A bomb blast at a Shia religious mosque in southern Pakistan has killed at least 20 people and injured many more, officials say.
- Skeleton sacks baffle India police Dozens of skeletons and decayed body parts are discovered in sacks in a disused room of an Indian police building, baffling the authorities.
- Eurozone deflation gathers pace Eurozone deflation increases over the last month from -0.2% to -0.6% as lower oil prices push down costs.