BBC World News
- Ebola global security threat - Obama US President Barack Obama calls the Ebola outbreak in West Africa a threat to security worldwide while announcing a larger US role, including 3,000 troops, to help fight the virus.
- Ukraine rebels defiant over new law A key Ukrainian rebel leader tells the BBC a new law granting self-rule to parts of the east will not sway the demand for independence.
- Nasa picks astronaut ship designs The US space agency picks the companies it hopes can take the country's astronauts back into space - a capability lost when the shuttles retired in 2011.
- China leader Xi heads for India China's President Xi Jinping makes his first official visit to India, with a focus on improving trade ties and resolving the decades-old border dispute.
- 'Western suspects' in Thai murders Police investigating the murders of two Britons in Thailand say they may have been wrong to rule out Western suspects, including a British man.
- Bangladesh death sentence commuted Bangladesh's Supreme Court commutes Islamist leader Delwar Sayeedi's death sentence for crimes in the 1971 independence war to life imprisonment.