BBC World News
- Netanyahu: Abbas must end Hamas pact Israeli PM Netanyahu tells the BBC Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas must abandon his pact with Hamas if he wants peace talks to resume.
- New Russia drills after Ukraine raid Russia announces new military exercises on its border with Ukraine, after Kiev orders troops to move against separatists in the east.
- Ecclestone denies bribery in Germany Formula 1 boss Bernie Ecclestone denies charges of bribery at the start of his trial in Munich and says he will fight to clear his name.
- US medics killed in Kabul attack Three American medical staff are shot dead by a policeman guarding a hospital in the Afghan capital, Kabul, officials say.
- Korea ferry disaster school reopens The South Korean school devastated by the loss of many of its students in a ferry disaster last week starts to hold classes again.
- Japan pact 'covers disputed islands' US President Barack Obama restates support for Japan over disputed islands but warns that dialogue - not escalation - is the way forward.