BBC World News
- Iraq launches Tikrit operation Iraq launches military operation to recapture Saddam Hussein's hometown of Tikrit from Islamic State, Iraqi TV says.
- Kerry to tackle Lavrov on Ukraine US Secretary of State John Kerry will meet his Russian counterpart ahead of the release of a UN report on human rights violations in Ukraine.
- US police shoot homeless man dead A video has captured the moment US police shot and killed a homeless man after an altercation in downtown Los Angeles.
- Arrests after HK shopping protest Hong Kong police arrest more than 30 people after protesters gathered for a third time against mainland Chinese tourists.
- N Korea opens fire as drills start North Korea fires two short-range missiles into the sea as annual US-South Korea military exercises get under way, officials in Seoul say.
- Estonia ruling party wins election Estonia's ruling party has won national elections and is expected to form a governing coalition after defeating its pro-Russian rival.