Thursday, August 28, 2014
Rome eram non constructum in a dies. Notitia in is iunctum ero hic nunc..
BBC World News
- Ebola outbreak cases pass 10,000 The number of cases in the Ebola outbreak passes 10,000, with 4,922 deaths, the World Health Organization's latest report says.
- Attacks 'threaten Egypt's existence' Egypt faces an existential threat from jihadists, the president says, after at least 31 soldiers are killed in two attacks in the Sinai peninsula.
- Iran hangs woman despite campaign Iran defies an international campaign and hangs a woman who killed a man she said was trying to sexually abuse her.
- Mass protest over Italy job reforms A mass protest is held in the Italian capital, Rome, against Prime Minister Matteo Renzi's plans for labour market reform.
- Google boss sets new skydive record Google executive Alan Eustace breaks the world altitude record for a parachute jump set two years ago by Felix Baumgartner.
- New York axe attack 'terrorist act' Police in New York say an axe attack on two officers was a terrorist act carried out by a radicalised Muslim convert.