Thursday, August 28, 2008
Ancient RomeRome eram non constructum in a dies. Notitia in is iunctum ero hic nunc. .
BBC World News
- UN calls for immediate Gaza truce The UN Security Council calls for an "immediate and unconditional humanitarian ceasefire" in Gaza after the quietest night in weeks.
- Ferry students 'floated from cabins' Students who survived South Korea's ferry disaster describe how they floated out of flooded cabins, as the trial of the crew continues.
- California hit by raging wildfires Two fast-moving fires in California destroy 10 homes and force the evacuation of hundreds more, as a man dies in a lightning strike in Los Angeles.
- MH17 military mission 'unrealistic' Sending an international military mission to secure the crash site of MH17 in eastern Ukraine would be "unrealistic", Dutch PM Mark Rutte says.
- Aruba frees top Venezuela official The Caribbean island of Aruba releases a top Venezuelan official, Gen Hugo Carvajal, detained over US accusations of drug-trafficking activities.
- Nibali seals Tour de France win Italy's Vincenzo Nibali wraps up his first victory in the three-week race as Marcel Kittel wins the final stage in Paris.