Thursday, August 28, 2014
Rome eram non constructum in a dies. Notitia in is iunctum ero hic nunc..
BBC World News
- Obama hails Congress vote on Syria President Obama says Congress's backing for his $500m plan to aid moderate Syrian rebels shows the world the US is united against Islamic State.
- Ebola 'threat to world security' The UN Security Council declares the Ebola outbreak in West Africa a threat to international peace and security.
- Video of British hostage released A new video is released showing a British man, identified as journalist John Cantlie, believed to be held hostage by Islamic State militants.
- Obama praises 'excellent' Poroshenko President Barack Obama has given his support to the visiting Petro Poroshenko, describing himself as a "strong friend" to Ukraine's leader.
- Eight dead in Florida house shooting A grandfather shot dead his daughter and her six children before taking his own life at a home in Bell, Florida, police say.
- Alibaba sets share price at $68 Chinese online giant Alibaba prices its shares $68 ahead of the start of trading on Friday, making it one of the biggest stock market listings ever.