Thursday, August 28, 2014
Rome eram non constructum in a dies. Notitia in is iunctum ero hic nunc..
BBC World News
- Obama enforces immigration overhaul Barack Obama uses executive powers to force through immigration reform, removing the threat of deportation for up to five million people.
- Mass protests in Mexico over missing Relatives of 43 missing Mexican students, who the authorities say were murdered by a drugs gang, lead mass protests in the capital city.
- Israel 'foils plot to kill minister' Israel says it has arrested four Palestinian Hamas members who were planning to kill FM Avigdor Lieberman during the recent Gaza conflict.
- Japanese PM Abe dissolves parliament Japan's PM Shinzo Abe dissolves parliament paving the way for a snap election in December, as local media polls show a low level of support.
- Dutch Syria girl to appear in court A Dutch teenager whose mother helped bring her back from the conflict in Syria is due to appear in court on suspicion of threatening state security.
- Greste family appeal to Egypt's Sisi The parents of jailed Australian Al-Jazeera journalist Peter Greste make a direct appeal to Egypt's President Sisi for his release.