Thursday, August 28, 2008
Ancient RomeRome eram non constructum in a dies. Notitia in is iunctum ero hic nunc. .
BBC World News
- West Bank Gaza protests turn deadly At least two Palestinians die and more than 200 are hurt during West Bank protests against Israel's military operation in Gaza.
- Wreckage of Algeria plane found The wreckage of a plane that disappeared with 116 people on board on a flight from Burkina Faso to Algiers has been found in Mali, officials say.
- Ferry owner death cause 'unknown' South Korea's forensic agency says it cannot determine the cause of death for the fugitive tycoon blamed for the recent ferry disaster.
- Russia 'fired rockets into Ukraine' The US says Russia has fired artillery at Ukrainian military positions in the east, a week after the Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 disaster.
- Bedtime light 'may stop cancer drug' Even dimly lit bedrooms may stop breast cancer drugs from working, according to US research.
- Fifteen killed in Afghan bus attack Suspected Taliban gunmen kill 15 bus passengers from the minority Hazara community in the central Afghan province of Ghor, officials say.