Thursday, August 28, 2014
Rome eram non constructum in a dies. Notitia in is iunctum ero hic nunc..
BBC World News
- Defiant HK protests on National Day Hong Kong crowds gather for huge pro-democracy rallies, as leader CY Leung urges protesters to work with Beijing.
- First Ebola case diagnosed in the US A man who travelled from Liberia nearly two weeks ago is the first confirmed case of the deadly Ebola virus diagnosed on American soil.
- Armed man shared lift with Obama US President Barack Obama rode in a lift with an armed security contractor who had assault convictions, in another security lapse, according to reports.
- Kabul suicide attack hits troops At least seven people are killed after a suicide bomb attack targeted a bus carrying troops in the Afghan capital, Kabul.
- Caver freed after 12-day ordeal An injured Spanish caver who was trapped in a 400m deep cave in north-eastern Peru for 12 days has been rescued.
- Kenya leader ICC delay rejected The International Criminal Court (ICC) has rejected a request by Kenyan President Uhuru Kenyatta to postpone a hearing on 8 October.