Thursday, August 28, 2008
Ancient RomeRome eram non constructum in a dies. Notitia in is iunctum ero hic nunc. .
BBC World News
- US strikes in Iraq despite IS threat US jets carry out fresh strikes in Iraq, despite threats from militants to kill a second American captive after beheading journalist James Foley.
- US bank in record $16.7bn settlement Bank of America has agreed to pay a record $16.7bn (£10bn) to US authorities for misrepresenting the quality of loans sold to investors.
- Israel kills top Hamas commanders An Israeli air strike kills three senior Hamas military commanders as Israel vows to pursue its Gaza campaign until it achieves "full security".
- Hanged India girls' 'rape' in doubt A forensic investigation into clothing and swabs taken after the murder and alleged gang rape of two teenage cousins in northern India concludes they were not sexually assaulted.
- Shots fired at Liberia Ebola protest Police in Liberia fire live rounds and tear gas during protests after a quarantine was imposed to contain the spread of the deadly Ebola virus.
- Norway killer's father 'feels guilt' The father of Norwegian mass murderer Andres Breivik expresses feelings of guilt and responsibility over his son's actions in a book.