Thursday, August 28, 2008
Ancient China"Patience, Grasshopper..." .
BBC World News
- Militants 'seize Israeli soldier' Israeli forces search for a soldier believed captured in fighting that ended a short-lived humanitarian truce in Gaza.
- Ebola 'spreading too fast' - WHO The Ebola outbreak is spreading faster than efforts to control it, the head of the World Health Organization tells West African leaders.
- MH17 crash team finds human remains A team of 70 Dutch and Australian forensic experts finds human remains at the site of the flight MH17 crash in east Ukraine as fighting continues.
- Uganda court annuls anti-gay law Uganda's Constitutional Court annuls a tough anti-gay law that had drawn widespread criticism by Western governments and human rights activists.
- US economy adds 209,000 jobs in July The US economy added 209,000 jobs in July, latest data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics reveal, adding to optimism that the country's recovery continues apace.
- Sudan 'apostasy' woman arrives in US A woman who fled Sudan after being spared a death sentence for renouncing Islam has arrived in the US state of New Hampshire to start a new life.