Thursday, August 28, 2014
BBC World News
- US nurse angry over Ebola quarantine A US nurse quarantined for Ebola after working in Sierra Leone criticises her treatment, as the US's UN envoy starts a visit to West Africa.
- Ukraine to vote in snap elections Ukrainian voters will go to the polls to elect a new parliament, amid the continuing conflict with pro-Russian rebels in the east.
- Botswana's ruling party wins polls The ruling Botswana Democratic Party (BDP) wins the general elections for the world's largest diamond producer with 33 of the 57 seats.
- Brazil votes in presidential run-off Brazilians will choose between Dilma Rousseff and Aecio Neves in what correspondents say is the tightest presidential election for decades.
- Tunisia set for historic election Tunisia is set to hold its first election under a new constitution passed earlier this year following a 2011 uprising.
- Iran woman's hanging draws protests Iran hangs a woman who killed a man she said was trying to sexually abuse her, drawing protests from human rights groups and western countries.